How often do you question your journey or pursuits? Asking the questions allows you to see the problem and understand the growth journey.
Matthew Turner is a British author who wrote his latest book, Beyond the Pale, on the back of interviewing hundreds of successful entrepreneurs, authors, investors, and thought leaders. As well as writing his own book, Matthew ghostwrites both articles and books for other successful entrepreneurs and thought-leaders, in-between spending time with his two children.
In today’s episode of The Well-Paid Creative, Matthew shares how the idea of writing his book came about and the main concept of it. Listen in to learn how you can start questioning yourself about the hustle culture and find opportunities to escape it.
- The journey of escaping the hustle culture and running a business.
- The three stages of the growth cycle in everything that you do.
- Learning how to question and find your own answers to your pursuits.
Here’s a glance at some of the things we talked about:
- [2:05] How Mathew combined his love for writing and background in marketing to make a career out of it.
- [5:51] Beyond the Pale. Matthew explains how the idea of his book came about. The book is a fable that helps business owners question today’s hustle culture and find ways to escape it.
- [8:51] The nature of the business journey. Matthew shares how he discovered that escaping the hustle culture or running a business is a journey of falling back to old habits and rising back up again.
- [14:19] The three stages of growth and their repetitive nature; the awakening, ascension, and evolution.
- [22:44] Learning how to question. Matthew describes the purpose of his book, which is to allow people to question their journey and pursuits to find opportunities.
- [25:50] How he uses running to find his inspiration physically and writing to express himself mentally.