Do you have what it takes to be patient and take risks for your passion? To be successful as a business owner, you have to be passionate about what you’re pursuing and keep taking risks without giving up when things get bumpy.
Maccabee Griffin has been a full-time voiceover actor for almost 2 years. He medically retired from the US Army and was working full-time in a manufacturing job before the pandemic hit. Maccabee uses his voice and a network of creative specialists to help businesses grow and thrive in this digital world.
In today’s episode of The Well-Paid Creative, Maccabee shares how luck and taking risks has enabled him to turn his passion for voice acting into a full-time job. Listen in to learn the importance of appreciating your story and bringing those experiences into the work that you do.
Maccabee talks about:
- How to be patient to find success as a voice actor.
- Don’t be afraid to live wholly and bring that experience to work.
- Why you need to have a passion to be successful in your business.
Here’s a glance at some of the things we talked about:
- [1:53] How Maccabee got into voice acting, which he’s been doing for almost 2 years now.
- [3:17] Being a voice actor. The different things you can do as a voice actor using just your voice.
- [4:17] When opportunity and skill meet. Maccabee explains how luck and his ability to take risks made his voice skills a payable job.
- [5:42] He describes the interesting projects he’s been able to work on – from big to small projects.
- [11:02] How to hustle. Learning how to be patient with the process of growing your voice acting business.
- [14:33] Maccabee’s unfair advantage. He shares his colorful experiences, from being in the military to being a dad.
- [20:30] Learn how not to give up and be passionate when going after a career as a voiceover artist.