Being resilient in business is kinda a given. But what do you do when you experience real life financial (or personal) disaster? David Hogan is a resilience business coach, author and speaker and knows crisis very well after surviving the 2008 crash of the real estate market. But he also knows resilience. After losing everything in that 2008 crash, he went on to build a 7 figure business and now teaches others how to harness their own inner resiliency to see success.
In this episode, David Hogan discusses how to move past setbacks and failures in business and in life. Tune in as David lets us in on what turned his life around: the millionaire handshake – and find out how you can use it in your life.
- If you’re in business make sure you’re developing multiple streams of income within that business.
- The success of your business does not define your identity or self-worth. Separate yourself from your business.
- Don’t try to do and be good at everything. Reach out and ask for help. Find ways to take things off your plate.
- Just because you make a mistake doesn’t mean you are a mistake.
- When you meet people, convey what you think of yourself. How much you believe in yourself. This translates in the energy you give off to others and can create opportunities for you.
“You should think highly of yourself so that greater opportunities come your way.”
[00:35] From losing everything to 7 figures (David’s story)
[06:37] The mindset you need to turn crisis into opportunity
[08:28] Timeless strategy to rebound your business post pandemic
[14:10] To move forward, just pivot!
[16:14] Don’t make this mistake most creative entrepreneurs make
[18:18] What is the millionaire handshake?
[22:33] Motorbiking your stress away
The first 20 people to email David with the subject line Rebound Ability Book will get a free e-copy of his book.
Visit David Hogan online here
Connect with The Well-Paid Creative
Looking for the key to unlock more profit in your creative business? Take the Profit Finder Quiz Today!
If you learned something from this episode, please consider leaving a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts so we can continue to add value to your creative business.